Michael Jackson's Trials

Michael Jackson's Trials

Text

The Ongoing Trials of The Late Michael Jackson

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Leno Thinks Jackson is Guilty

It is reported that Jay Leno has told police that he thinks that Michael Jackson is "guilty" of child molestation.

Leno says he once took "one or two" phone calls from Gavin Arvizo, and his mother. Leno reportedly said that they made a pitch for money that sounded like a "script,".

These details come from a transcript of Leno's interview with Santa Barbara County sheriff's officers, that was released by American media.

The transcript contradicts Gavin Arvizo's testimony that neither he, nor his mother ever spoke to Leno.

Quote from Monday's hearings:

"I never spoke to Jay Leno," Gavin said.

"You deny you've ever spoken to him?" Jackson's lawyer, Tom Mesereau, asked.

"Yeah," Gavin insisted.

Leno said to police:

"Even though I think Michael Jackson is guilty, I still went, um, boy, they finally found a mark,".

Gavin admitted calling Leno's phone number a few years ago, but claimed he got an answering machine.

Gavin also denied his mother was present when he made the call, claiming it was a female family friend who was with him.

Leno contradicts this:

"A while back the mother called, 'Oh, my son, he's 12-years-old, oh, he loves you,'".

Leno added:

"I'm not that much of an egomaniac, I don't know why a 12-year-old would be infatuated with a 55-year-old guy who does political jokes ... and I said 'Well, what can I do for you?'..It all sounded very rehearsed to me,".

Leno was then asked by the police as to whether he thought that they were looking for money, Leno replied:

"I think so. It just sounded a little suspicious. ... I don't know if he's reading from a script, but it just sounded coached."

No comments:

Post a Comment