Michael Jackson's Trials

Michael Jackson's Trials

Text

The Ongoing Trials of The Late Michael Jackson

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Elanor Cook Regrets

Elanor Cook, one of the jurors in Michael Jackson's molestation trial, appeared on TV on the "Big Idea" last night.

On the show she reiterated that she was forced to agree with her fellow jurors, and had to let Jackson go free.

Cook claims that she fought to convict Jackson on the lesser charges of kidnapping and conspiracy charges.

Quote:

"Every time I would try to explain, they all (fellow jurors) would shout me down, and finally the foreman (of the jury) said that the judge told him that if I couldn't change my mind, I would be kicked off.

I just shut down. I said, 'I didn't really care. I was 79 years old, I'd given six months of my life to this and I didn't need any more.' So I thought, 'Who cares? I'm not going to fight the world.
'"

No comments:

Post a Comment