Michael Jackson's Trials

Michael Jackson's Trials

Text

The Ongoing Trials of The Late Michael Jackson

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

You Say Tomato, I Say Tomato

I have had an email from someone who, whilst enjoying the coverage of the trial, pointed out that defence is spelt with an "s".

It occurs to me that maybe there are many of you, in the USA, who have been reading this site and thinking that my spelling of defence and some other words was wrong.

I would just like to point out that I am not illiterate; for you see ladies and gentlemen, I am British and living in the UK.

The spelling is correct, if you are British.

We are two nations separated by the Atlantic, and by our common language.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:54 PM

    Also, if people had bothered to check their dictionaries, they'd have found both spellings! Thankfully, in Canada, we appreciate both our British heritage and spelling gleaned from across the border. Luckily we can choose from either. However, like I said, if people had bothered to look in a dictionary, they'd have learned that your spelling was fine. ((((-:

    ReplyDelete