Michael Jackson's Trials

Michael Jackson's Trials

Text

The Ongoing Trials of The Late Michael Jackson

Monday, March 28, 2005

Jackson Plays To The Gallery

Michael Jackson appeared on the net yesterday in an interview with Rev Jesse Jackson, and declared that he was "completely innocent" of child molestation charges.

Then, for good measure, Jackson stated that he is the victim of a conspiracy and asked fans around the world to pray for him.

Oddly enough Jackson did not choose to elaborate in his conspiracy theory; eg saying who it was that was conspiring against him, and why.

He cited the gag order as preventing him from backing up his claims.

Jackson then went on to "play the race card". He said that he was just the latest of several "black luminaries" to be unjustly accused, citing former South African President Nelson Mandela and former heavyweight boxing champions Muhammad Ali and Jack Johnson as others.

Precisely how he can compare his case with that of Mandela's past imprisonment is beyond me. They are totally different situations, and involve very different personalities.

Playing the race card is merely playing to the gallery of public sympathy. It will avail him nothing in the courtroom.

Jackson then gushed:

"I just want to say to fans in every corner of the Earth, every nationality, every race, every language, I love you from the bottom of my heart..I would love your prayers and your good will, and please be patient and be with me and believe in me because I am completely, completely innocent. But please know a lot of conspiracy is going on as we speak,".

Jackson then tried to pull the sympathy vote for his "back pain"; noting that he was in "intense pain" since falling in the shower earlier this month. This contradicted an earlier part of the interview where he said that his health was perfect.

Seemingly, if the interview can be believed, Jackson has been "hand fed" by Elizabth Taylor.

"Elizabeth Taylor used to feed me, to hand-feed me, at times...Please, I don't want anybody to think I'm starving; I'm not," he quickly added. "My health is perfect, actually."

I fail to see how this form of discussion is helpful to his case or his image.

No comments:

Post a Comment